Role: Technical Design Manager (Mechanical Engineering)
Salary: 90k plus benefits and package
Job Status: Permanent
Location: London and South East
Vacancy Reference: VR/04316
A privately owned and well-established mechanical and electrical contractor with a significant presence and reputation within the London Construction market, are recruiting exclusively through Bridge to identify a Technical Design Manager (to be based in and around London This is a strategic hire to provide technical guidance, support and expertise. Our Client has experienced continued year on year growth and an increase in recent project wins. As Technical Design Manager (Mechanical Engineering).
This role is quite design focussed managing a team of designers and scrutinising their calculations as well as managing/overseeing the design engineers, guiding them and managing the implementation of the design during build. You will have a Building Services bias. The successful candidate must have the ability to build and lead a team, maintaining competitiveness and high standards throughout. Within this organisation, a Technical Design Manager must have strong leadership and team building skills and demonstrate an ability to effectively communicate with clients to identify their needs, all while implementing ways to increase customer satisfaction. stages of. With numerous awards and accreditations to their name, this company has seen significant growth over the last 25 years. This is an excellent opportunity to join a forward thinking business with genuine opportunity for progression and development, both professionally and financially.
· Overseeing all technical aspects of installation. i.e. regular site inspections & working with the Contracts Mangers to ensure the Installation is spec compliant
· Initial design for D&B projects tendering
· Advising estimating department on the technical compliance before bidding
· Coordination with client and outsourced Design Team on D&B projects
· Working with the buying department to ensure correct product supply & technical submissions to client
· Reviewing new products coming to market
· Attending pre-start meetings to demonstrate technical abilities & professional ability
· Reviewing and appraising the Quotations received (Qualifying quotes) - making comments on a like for like comparison and compliance with Spec/ Drawing requirements