£40,000 - £45,000 plus company car & bonus scheme
David de Souza
about 2 years ago
An exciting Sector Director Designate role has become available. This is working with a well-established Facilities Management Company who covers the UK, working with leading brands across all sectors. Do you have stable regional management experience and require a change? Then this exciting role could be for you. Please read the job description below and if this is you then please apply by calling David De Souza at Bridge Recruitment. You will need to have managed a large number of commercial sites and be based local to Birmingham area.
The role of the Sector Director Designate is to be primarily responsible for the Cleaning Service within a given portfolio. You will be involved in specific projects nationally e.g. multi-site mobilisations as required and will support other Sector Support Managers across the region.
You will ensure that the Company maximises contract profitability and minimises contract losses through the delivery of a consistently high standard of customer service which meets the contract specification.
- Ensure that the cleaning specification for the site is fully implemented and adhered to.
- Managing Profit and loss
- Ensure that a consistently high cleaning standard is delivered.
- Undertake regular customer visits as required to build client relationships and ensure satisfaction with the cleaning service.
- Ensure all customer queries and complaints are recorded and dealt with in a timely and effective manner and that the client is kept fully informed of any action taken.
- Identify opportunities for added value business, for both the client and business, relating to daily cleaning services and non-contractual work - where the client will benefit from its completion.
- Review the running of the site to identify ways in which productivity can be improved whilst maintaining cleaning standards under the guidance of the Sector Director.
- Control and enhance staff retention by effective recruitment and training and in line with the company people strategy.
- Ensure all employees are correctly trained in accordance with the Company Induction and Training Policy and recording of details.
- Strategic planning and reporting of periodic work through communication with Client and Sector Director.
- Identify and take corrective action on variations to budget hours as guided by the Sector Director.
- Monitor and review the performance of cleaning operatives to ensure high standards are delivered and maintained.
- Ensure that all Company Policies and Procedures are fully implemented, adhered to and communicated.
- Reporting of Accidents, Incidents and Near Misses in line with the H&S Policy.
- Communicate company information to cleaning operatives.
- Ensure payroll procedures are adhered to and that any information collated is processed quickly and accurately each week - Time gate.
- Complete all contractual administration as appropriate and in a timely fashion including Holiday requests, periodic planners, and other contract documentation as required for site.
- Ensure site supplies and equipment are ordered / delivered in a timely fashion and within budgets.
- Ensure all site-based equipment is in good working order and / or arrange for repairs or replacements through the appropriate business channels.
Essential Skills Required:
- Previous experience, in the very least within the Cleaning or Facilities industry, at Manager Level;
- Previous experience of managing direct reports - Managers, staff, including development, training and coaching - Development of others is essential
- Technical knowledge of cleaning methods and techniques;
- High standard of personal presentation;
- Demonstrable ability to communicate clearly, both written and oral, with Clients and staff;
- Demonstrable ability to identify and implement the most effective methods of running a contract, i.e. staffing levels, cleaning methods, budgetary control etc.;
- Experience of managing individual performance on a day to day basis and able to support in any disciplinary / welfare matters in line with Company policy;
- Experience of recruiting personnel and interview techniques;
- Demonstrable organisational skills and the ability to prioritise plan and meet deadlines;
- Ability to complete administration functions accurately and maintaining complete up to date records;
- Appreciation of the need for safe working practices with the ability to implement Company policy and procedure and ensure compliance at all times;
- Customer Service skills;
- Able to identify cost saving initiatives and areas of development and enhancement.
- Computer literate to a competent level in order for effective communication
- IOSH Managing safely as a minimum
- Clean Driving License
Desirable Skills Required:
- Qualification - BICSc / WIFM / or NVQ training in cleaning skills / associated levels of qualification relating to the role.
- Leadership, coaching and team building qualifications/skills
- Use of automated Time and Attendance systems linked to pay - in this instance - Time gate/Innovise