£40,000 - £50,000
over 1 year ago
Our client is a leading and multinational property, residential, utilities, and construction company. They specialise in building, maintaining, and renewing the areas we work, live and play. Due to their continued success and expansion, they are looking for an experienced estimator to come on board to support the Regional Commercial Manager and Bid Manager by taking responsibility for ensuring the timely delivery of competitively priced tenders to aid the region in achieving its Business Development Plan objectives in the social housing sector. Ideal candidates must have responsive maintenance experience within the industry. Planned maintenance experience is a bonus.
- Ensuring the provision of a first-class business stream to achieve the Company objectives for the designated area of the business
- Responsibility for the timely delivery of cost information/reports and financial forecasting in line with company processes and key dates
- Formulate, agree and implement cost related tender strategy, working collaboratively as part of a wider bid team
- Responsible for estimating ensuring cost related information is progressed in line with Company procedures and bid timescales to include the preparation of suitable cost models, kick off and settlement information and benchmarking analysis.
- Submit suitable clarifications in collaboration with the Bid Manager as necessary and communicate responses as appropriate to members of the bid team.
- Management responsibility for ensuring robust estimating procedures are understood and followed
- Initiate robust procedures for ensuring an auditable, consistent approach to the development of labour, plant and material analyses on all bids.
- Lead on the preparation of tenders/budgets which reflect the delivery model and quality aspects of
- Team Leader responsibility for ensuring all price-related risk are identified.
- Communicate risk mitigating strategy in discussions with senior managers.
- Liaise closely with Commercial Team to ensure financial allowances are made for commercial risk.
- Submit performance and cost related benchmarking information as necessary to the Head of Estimating to support and inform future bid strategy
- Take a pro-active approach and reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and others who may be affected by their activities at work, including occupants, visitors and members of the public