£40,000 - £45,000
David de Souza
2 months ago
Regional Manager - Education and Commercial Sector (Cleaning) Job Overview:
The client requires the services of an experienced regional manager on the commercial and education division of the business to take control of the operations in the London, Berkshire and Hampshire area. You will need experience of managing managers and multi-site operational teams within the commercial cleaning industry or similar industry.
You will be responsible for 5-6 Area Managers, within a national region into the value of approx £10 million turnover
They are looking for someone who will care about their customers as much they do, who can successfully keep many different plates spinning and who thrives on a challenge. You will know how to manage your time well, having the flexibility to start early in the morning or in the evening to visit the site and meet up with your team and clients.
This is a proactive role with plenty of responsibility, previous knowledge of cleaning and/or facilities management would be desirable, but they are also keen to consider applicants with an operational fast paced background, managing people with a can do attitude, a willingness to learn, a strong work ethic, personal organisation, self-discipline, creative thinking under pressure, and the ability to manage.
You will provide a cost-effective and efficient service in line with the contract requirements. To be contractually and financially aware and ensure effective systems are developed, implemented and monitored to mitigate contractual and legislative risk, providing leadership and development of an Area Management team to ensure the highest quality cleaning regime is provided day-to-day giving a platform for growth.
Main duties and responsibilities.
- Contract business growth, retention and profitability
- To ensure action plans are in place and are reviewed on a regular basis to ensure the achievement of all targets set and in line with the business goals
- To ensure all costs are controlled within set budgets
- Ensure contract prices are reviewed and increased in agreement with clients
- To ensure the Region achieves/exceeds its financial targets annually and periodically as required, this includes profit and loss and sales
- To liaise regularly with your line manager/Directors in terms of business objectives, financial aspects, innovation and business growth opportunities
- To attend review meetings on at least a monthly basis to review the Region’s actual financial performance against budget and requirements. This review will also include an operational review of the Region
- Regular site visits to review and monitor quality of contract performance standards
- Ensure the cleaning specification is implemented and adhered to. Review the contracts as necessary to meet the client’s requirements
- Regular client liaison to monitor standards, satisfaction with the service provided and to build relationships with key clients
- Ensure the Quality Service Level Indicator procedure is implemented and adhered to
- Monitor, review and analyse client satisfaction, via the Quality Service Level Indicator Procedure and to ensure all problems are resolved promptly and effectively
- Attend key contractual audits as directed and develop action/accountability plan/s where non-conformance is identified on sites in order to seek timely resolution
- To manage all staff and relationships to ensure compliant and best practice in providing guidance and leadership in technical matters to Operational teams
- To recruit, train, control, monitor and coordinate all staff across operational activities, to maximise efficiency and performance in these areas
- Ensure adequate staffing levels at all times on all sites, including cover for the planned and unplanned absence of staff
- Prepare and produce all reports to ensure H&S and contract compliance
- Managing and responding to issues from client meetings and emails
Qualifications and experience:
- Operational Experience within Cleaning Services
- 5 years’ Cleaning Management & or Customer services
- Experience of budget control with managing own P & L Demonstrate Strong management skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages including Excel and Word
- Effective report writing
- The analytical and pragmatic approach to systems development.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships throughout the organisation and at all levels