Salary: £60k plus attractive benefits package to include a bonus, company/ allowance etc
11 months ago
Role: Operations Manager - Soft Service control in high-risk environments such as manufacturing/industrial etc
Salary: £60k plus an attractive benefits package to include a bonus, company / allowance etc
Role: Permanent / Full Time
Location: Northwest and Northeast of England
Vacancy Reference: VR/04457
Our client is a passionate team of 27,000 people based in Ireland and the UK, and their goal is to deliver exceptional service to our customers in all areas of facilities management. They are growing rapidly in the UK and are seeking to appoint a driven Operations Manager to support this growth. This is a great opportunity to join a successful and expanding business and to work within an ambitious team.
Based in the Northwest of England the role will include travelling to the following locations: - Manchester, Leeds, Sunderland, Chester and Stoke.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the role holder will lead, support, and guide their team of Contract, Area and Site Managers in the on-going operation and development of our cleaning and soft FM operations within the Controlled Environments sector.
This includes managing cleaning and soft FM operations in manufacturing, food hygiene, pharmaceutical and scientific research environments. Examples of specific works conducted within these environments include stripping, cleaning, and restoring processed food production lines; GMP cleaning within pharmaceutical environments; industrial tasks in automotive environments and management of receptionists, security officers and catering services.
Initial portfolio value will be £8m, with scope to grow this to £12m+ over the next 12 to 18 months.
- Ability and desire to lead a team of Contract Managers across the North of the UK.
- Experience managing a £5m+ portfolio of FM customers.
- Experience managing and delivering FM in controlled/regulated environments such as pharmaceuticals, scientific research, food production and automotive.
- Delivery of service excellence and retaining existing customer relationships, whilst assisting in selling and mobilising new contracts.
- Development of a high performing team. (Ability to positively influence to change behaviours and increase competency levels. Ability to coach, develop and influence to ensure that the team achieves their targets.)
- Delivery of required financial targets
- Continuation and evolution of a safe working culture
- Strong relationships with suppliers and other stakeholders to positively impact the business
- Capability to work independently, to tight deadlines, within a rapidly evolving business
- Team player as part of larger management team, working collaboratively to support delivery of overall business aims
- Experience delivering business strategies and effective operation and management of >£5M budgets
- Demonstrate wider awareness of business-wide issues and how key business drivers relate to operational success
- Responsible for every aspect of the delivery of the annual budget
- Control and management of debt in conjunction with the credit control team
- Work in partnership with the finance and commercial team to ensure financial targets are achieved and any nonperforming business targeted and addressed as appropriate
- Benchmarking of contracts within the portfolio
- Drive continuously improved financial performance by increasing additional work with existing customers and permanently adding value to contracts
You will receive a competitive salary and plenty of potential to progress your career. So, if you’re self-motivated and wish to work in a positive environment for a company that genuinely values and respects its staff - then please make contact by sending your CV.