Our client is a world-renown Technology centre in West London who provide high tech equipment to various industries around the world. They are looking for an experienced equipment Engineer to work with the maintenance, repair, and development of bespoke and proprietary manufacturing equipment. The perfect candidate will be able to use a wide variety of diagnostic test equipment as necessary to fault-find and diagnose repairs. To be able to document repairs made, and root causes identified, in a concise and coherent manner.
- To maintain a wide variety of test equipment.
- To ensure that all electrical repairs are carried out in a safe manner that is compliant with the HSE publication INDG354 (Safety in Electrical Testing).
- To complete risk assessments and permits-to-work when required.
- To investigate faults to identify the root cause, then to implement repairs with durable solutions.
- To maintain all appropriate documentation including logs of work completed and circuit diagrams / schematics.
- To coordinate with Production to phase in new equipment as and when required.
- To establish and maintain planned maintenance regimes for the manufacturing equipment that is within the scope of responsibility.
- To provide advice on best practice and maintain a good knowledge of current and emerging technologies.
- To provide technical guidance on test and process equipment.
- To be able to respond to out-of-hours equipment emergencies.
- To undertake any other task reasonably requested by the supervisor.
Level of Qualification:
- Technical training to HNC / HND / Apprenticeship / Military, or equivalent in electronics and related technologies.
Experience / Other Qualities:
A minimum of five years’ experience directly relevant to the role. The Technical Services Equipment Engineer will have an advanced technical understanding of the following:
- Electro-mechanical maintenance
- High Voltage Test sets
- Vacuum systems
- Control systems
- Sputtering / Vacuum Deposition
- Radio Frequency