£35,000 - £37,000
over 1 year ago
We are currently seeking an experienced Mechanical Engineer to join a leading contractor in London. Our client works across a range of project sectors including commercial, industrial and infrastructure schemes. They have been established since 1887 and are one of the world’s leading project development and construction groups, with over 40600 employees across the globe.
Offering a salary of £37,500, you will have flexible shift pattern which start at 7am ,8am or 9am on a Monday to Friday basis. This role offers the opportunity for over time during the weekend.
It is beneficial to have worked on government sites where security clearance is required. You will be expected to work in an environment where SC and DV clearance takes place.
This is a key appointment which is available for an immediate start.
As the selected Mechanical Engineer, your key roles and responsibilities will include:
· Reviewing and amending Contractors' submissions and providing technical acceptance
· Ensuring technical compliance across all stages of work
· Resolving any arising technical issues
· Liaising with the client and Project Manager on site to ensure successful project delivery
· Representing the business at relevant meetings and design reviews
· Witnessing tests, inspections and verification activities
Essential skills, experience and attributes:
· Have security clearance
· 5 years of working experience in a mechanical engineering environment
· Experience working in a site based capacity
· Experience working on large scale projects
· Good ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
· Have exposure to a PFI environment
· Working knowledge of electrical engineering
In order to apply for this role, you must be eligible to work in the UK without Visa restrictions, hold a UK passport, or have been a resident for 10 years plus.