Role: Managing Director Designate
Salary: £85/90k plus attractive package
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Vacancy Reference: VR/4445
Bridge Recruitment have been appointed to recruit a critical role for an SME that deliver professional Soft FM Services to a variety of Blue-Chip clients in the Commercial, Healthcare, Educational, Leisure and Retail markets.
Our client, a family-operated business, has seen huge success over the years delivering services nationally from a Greater London base. Their business has been built on strong ethical values, customer focus and recognising the importance of investing in their staff to maximise team morale and retention. Their culture is principled and positive, where everyone within the Team plays their part in delivering a quality service.
This role is integral to a smooth-running operation with motivated managers and happy clients. The role is a strategic one, taking ownership of the overall business and leading their senior management team to deliver service excellence, on time and within budget. P&L responsibility and driving profitability through managing cost of service across the business is a key responsibility whilst coaching and guiding the team to continually improve performance.
Client relationships are also key to the role, and you will be responsible for being the escalation point for all clients within the business, ultimately leading to new business and contract retention. The post holder is also key in the introduction of new processes and procedures to drive business efficiencies as well as innovation to deliver a competitive edge.
The current MD will be remaining in the Business, and they are seeking someone that can be introduced to the Business at a senior level with the intention of a transition period into becoming Managing Director. This is a hugely exciting opportunity for someone with strong leadership skills, commercial acumen, and a track record in developing teams and business continuity. You must have the ability to piece together organisational structure in such a way, it paves the way for future success and growth.
You will deliver commercial success, as well as value for its Owners, you will demonstrate an understanding and vision for building a successful business with a turnover reaching approx. £15m+ within 3 years.
Our client is keen to appoint someone from inside the FM Industry but will also consider true achievers from outside. You may be currently operating at MD or Director level in sales, operations or had an influence on both. Either way, this is a fantastic opportunity to operate at board level and have an influence on a high performing, forward thinking Organisation with the support of the Owners in the background.
- It is crucial for the Employer to understand your motivation and values in business and in life as they will need to align these with their own
- Develop a 5-year business plan with regular monitoring to ensure that the company meets its objectives
- Succession plan for the existing workforce and new hires
- Provide strategic advice to the chair and members of the board, which you will also sit on as Managing Director
- Establish business risks and mitigate
- Represent the company in negotiations with all customers, suppliers and other key stakeholders as Managing Director
- Establish and maintain effective links with major customers, relevant agencies and local authorities
- Develop and maintain an effective marketing and public relations strategy to promote the company in new and existing business sectors
- Proven experience as a Commercial, Sales, Operations or Managing Director
- An understanding of financial management and wider management principles and techniques
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills