£40,000 - £45,000
10 months ago
One of our most prestigious clients is a globally loved institution which houses artistic, cultural, historical, or scientific collections for the public to see. They are looking for an Estates Project Manager to deliver a range of estate-related projects through the complete lifecycle to agreed time, cost and quality standards. Projects may be focussed on infrastructure improvement or aimed at the maintenance, conservation and repair of buildings and landscapes. You will be required to manage multiple projects concurrently and will ensure projects meet all relevant statutory requirements and are fully compliant with all corporate policies and procedures. This role may involve visiting other sites, so the ability to travel and be flexible with times is imperative. Ideal candidate has a strong M&E background.
- Delivering a portfolio for projects as part of the companies investment programme.
- Managing project level risks and issues, maintaining the project risk and issue registers, and escalating to the Estate Programme Manager where necessary
- Ensuring effective financial management of delegated project budgets, including forecasting, monitoring and reporting of expenditure, agreeing supplier payments and final accounts
- Procuring and managing external consultants to effectively deliver planned works, managing and monitoring their performance and ensuring that their work meets with quality standards
- Supporting the Programme Manager in producing an agreed programme of planned projects that meet with departmental objectives
- Liaising with all stakeholders to fully understand the impact of projects
- Liaising with other professionals undertaking project work and managing inter-project dependencies
- Ensuring contractors are always compliant with health & safety legislation, Codes of Practice, Building Regulations and the companies own policies, guidelines and procedures
- Reviewing relevant hand-over documentation to ensure that it is accurate and complete, and ensuring effective handover of projects to Estates Management and Operational colleagues, including attending witness tests and arranging user training for colleagues and term contractors
- Building and maintaining effective collaborative working relationships with colleagues and external suppliers and partners
- Assisting the Head of Estates, South in compiling and co-ordinating the asset condition survey programme
- Taking care of your personal health and safety and that of others. Complying with the companies Health and Safety Policies, risk assessments and safe systems of work and reporting any health and safety concerns.
- Solid experience of delivering simultaneous projects, with a minimum value of £500k, within a property, building services or infrastructure environment
- Experience of managing projects involving building and property professionals to agreed and successful outcomes
- Familiarity with the RIBA plan of work (2013) and CDM (2015) regulations
- Advanced communication skills; comfortable presenting to mixed audiences of technical and business professionals at all levels
- Good working knowledge of MS office suite and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Project
- Have an ability to work independently, with a self-motivated approach
- An ability to effectively manage budgets within a locked amount
- Experience of preparing schedules and specifications for minor building works and managing on-site works
- A property and construction industry or project management qualification, in addition to working knowledge of current legislation and regulations covering building works, including mechanical and electrical systems, fire safety/firefighting equipment, gas safety, pressure systems, legionella controls, security systems and works, and other relevant statutory regulations and bylaws.
- Be flexible and comfortable with regular travel between sites, with occasional overnight stays
- Problem-solving skills and accomplished delegation, negotiation, and conflict management skills