£70,000 - £80,000
5 months ago
We are recruiting for a growing soft services provider based in London. They are a leader in their field and have an enviable reputation for delivering excellence. They have a respectful and inclusive culture with excellent staff retention levels, this is maintained by developing, motivating and rewarding their employees.
The IT Team is responsible for maintaining and supporting the network, storage, hardware and end-user IT platforms across the business, ensuring a market-leading service is delivered to our internal and external customers.
The IT environment consists of all technologies that create a great user experience for staff, vendors and customers, such as PC’s, Laptops, Mobile Devices, Printers, Remote Access, Google Platform, back-office systems and the like. As the ‘Face of IT’ for the business you and your team will be responsible for owning and managing this environment across head office and on sites, to ensure our staff can operate at their best for our customers. Reporting to the Finance Director, you will work closely and will develop strong relationships with colleagues across the business, and external partners involved in your area.
Leading a team of technical staff you will assume responsibility for supporting the IT infrastructure, including the ongoing operation and life-cycle management across the business. With exciting plans that have technology as a critical core element. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to advance their career into leading and growing a team while still maintaining a technical aspect. The business is expanding.
- Manage the IT team to ensure the effective delivery and support of high quality internal IT services across the business
- Identify and recruit additional skills into the IT team as needed
- Act as a mentor to staff
- Bring ideas to the business, then prioritise and rapidly execute innovation, to ensure technology acts as an ongoing differentiator
- Ensure best practice is adhered to, promote team working, ensure good communication and prioritise workload to help drive up and maintain stability of all systems
- Ensure regular one on one meetings are conducted with staff and perform annual personal development reviews.
- Work with HR to coordinate training for the team where required
- Manage communication strategy for all technology changes
- Incident management and tracking from inception to resolution within agreed timescales
- Recommendation, design, installation, testing and delivery of service improvements
- Create and implement standard processes, policies, user guides etc for the end user landscape
- Actively guide users to self-sufficiency through increased understanding of systems and technology
- Manage relationships with partners and 3rd party vendors for support where necessary
- Manage the procurement of all IT equipment within the CAPEX policy
- Work closely with the senior leadership team to define and maintain the annual Capital and Operational IT budgets and ensure that financial targets are met.
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation including the Computer Misuse Act, the Data Protection and Health & Safety Acts (as applicable to IT usage), GDPR, etc.
- Change management responsibilities - supporting with systems leading business Improvement
- Leading and managing others including identifying and recruiting technical skills, and contributing to personal development plans
- Technical problem solving
- IT integration, including cloud and on premises solutions
- Detailed knowledge of, and experience with PCS core technologies – Google Platform, Windows Servers.
- Knowledge of, and some experience with core network infrastructure technologies (firewalls, routing, TCP/IP)
- Experience with integration of all aspects of a corporate IT environment (PCs, Mobiles, printers, security, AV, remote access,)
- Deep understanding of ITIL/ITSM and experience working in a change controlled environment
- Knowledge of cyber security challenges and solutions
- Knowledge of project work and different delivery methodologies gained through
- Involvement in IT projects. Demonstrable understanding of how to select the best delivery methodology to achieve rapid delivery within the agreed cost and quality parameters
- Experience of engaging with senior leadership teams/boards, and should be familiar with presenting information of a complex technical nature to a variety of audiences
- Supplier relationship management and negotiation skills
- Providing oversight for IT projects to ensure on time delivery of new technology solutions
- Experience of Client liaison, including acting as a Technical representative in meetings, including sales pitches, with a Client’s technical and non-technical staff
- Experience of Templa CMS, or other facilities management/contract management applications
- Experience of Sage, or other back-office finance applications
- Proven delivery experience of IoT projects, involving remote data capture in locations which are managed by third parties, and cloud processing/analytics
- Technical degree or equivalent experience required