about 1 year ago
An opportunity has arisen for a Head of Hard FM to oversee operations within a public sector based environment. The successful candidate must have previous experience managing estates/maintenance operations and teams in a similar role.
Your duties will include:
- As Head of Hard Services, you will provide a comprehensive Hard Services maintenance and project management support service to the Council's property portfolio, with responsibility for efficient operation of the Councils properties, whilst ensuring comprehensive statutory compliance throughout the estate
- The role will require a proactive and practical hands-on approach to the requirements of this role, this will involve both office-based works and inspection of the council's facilities and sites on a regular basis and meetings with Staff Cabinet members and the public which will require excellent communication skills at all levels.
- The role includes responsibility for managing all aspects of both pre-programmed and reactive maintenance of existing and future Hard Services (Building Services and Building Fabric) installations in accordance with good industry standards (based on SFG20), including the responsible person duties associated with statutory compliance legislation and the management of the efficient operation of the facilities.
- The role includes the requirement to survey, review and assess the condition of the Council's installed Hard Services (Building Services and Building Fabric), followed by the specification of replacements/refurbishments at the end of economic life or as a result of changing operational requirements. It also includes the specification, tendering and project management of the remedial / refurbishment works and such project works as directed to the team.
- You will be confident in liaising with external agencies and internal colleagues and have the skills necessary to plan your own and your team’s workload, ensuring efficient deployment of resources in conjunction with the work of the wider Property and Facilities team.
- You will be qualified to at least HNC / Graduate level status in a Mechanical or Electrical (M&E) discipline or have equivalent experience and a minimum of Associate / I.Eng membership of an appropriate professional body such as Chartered Institute of Building Services, the Institute of Mechanical Engineers or the Institute of Electrical Engineers and you will preferably emanate from a time served apprenticeship or formal operational Mechanical or Electrical background
- You will also have extensive experience in contract specification, management and negotiation
- The role requires an excellent financial management and report publishing skills.
The successful candidate should have:
- Problem-solving ability
- Critical Thinking: The ability to challenge the norms through evidence-based approaches using both numerical and critical reasoning and thinking. You can rationalise decision making and form views quickly and soundly from a range of sources
- Creativity: You take approaches that demonstrate how doing things differently and creatively changes the dynamic in situations. You can apply creative solutions that deliver hard outcomes.
- People management: You can get the best out of people. You have a coaching-style and drive through a commitment to personal and professional development. You are clear in your expectations and have exception feedback from your team about their working You recognise and support people as individuals.
- Coordinating with others: You have the knack of working well with others. You have an appreciation of your own presence and approach and can demonstrate how you have developed and continue to develop how you work with others. You will also can recognise how others work, think, and feel to get the most out of collaboration.
- Emotional intelligence: You have a high degree of self-awareness and self-regulation in a wide range of situations from one-to-one conversations to team and group dynamics. You can recognise motivating factors and demonstrate empathy appropriately applying a wide range of adaptive social skills.
- Judgement and decision making: You can take rational and evidence-based decisions and take responsibility for your decisions and actions. Where there is ambiguity or a lack of evidence you can demonstrate the ability to understand the environment and show flexibility in applying your judgement.
- Negotiation: You can demonstrate an understanding of the range of skills and techniques required to successfully negotiate with a range of other partners. This includes understanding how to structure and undertake successful negotiation on an organisational wide level.
- Service orientation: You must be unequivocal in your commitment and drive for outstanding service delivery. Both in terms of the quality of products and work delivered as well as the achievement of objectives.