almost 2 years ago
Our Client is a facilities management business that oversees work for leading organisations across the public and private sectors around the world.
The UK and European hub started in 1990 and has successfully operated in a wide range of countries, delivering contracting, construction management, project and programme management, facilities management and cost consultancy services.
Facilities Manager - Hard Services
To provide a focal point of expertise for the strategic development and delivery of hard services across EMEA locations.
- To ensure the delivery of hard service as per the FM contract scope.
- To provide hard services support to the other locations within the contract framework.
- To undertake audits to evaluate the effectiveness of the delivery.
- To ensure all services are delivered with the client and internal policies and procedure.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Acting as a hard services technical expert for the account
- Ensuring that the agreed scope technical specifications is in line with business needs and current technological developments
- Using technical expertise to understand and interpret specifications in order to solve problems quickly and effectively
- Defining, monitoring and delivering an appropriate hard services strategy for the efficient provision of services to the client
- Ensuring that solutions always meet the needs of the client in the most cost effective way
- Driving the assessment of the condition of the properties and the development of a forward maintenance plan
- Allowing the assistant hard service manager to thrive by coaching and training on the job to ensure site related matters are dealt with in accordance to contractual obligations
- Developing, maintaining and improving the working relationships with the client to ensure a mutual trust and respect based on superior service delivery
- Developing the partnership working with service subcontractor partners to ensure their outputs are managed in a positive and effective manner
- Creating and developing a strategic and visionary approach towards M&E services that evaluates moving away from PPM regimes towards intelligent maintenance that reflects the appropriateness of services and anticipation of short, medium and long term needs
- Developing a culture of proactivity around M&E provision rather than a reactive service
- Managing the maintenance service subcontractor to monitor and report the performance of the services against agreed SLA/KPI and promptly identifying action plans for improvement of services
- Monitoring and controlling the maintenance service subcontractor to ensure all works are delivered within budget, on time and to the required quality standard
- Taking the lead in directing the maintenance service subcontractor to continuously review the optimum use of resources and providing expert advice and guidance
- Reviewing with the maintenance service subcontractor plans for the delivery of the planned preventative maintenance program and development of an action plan to avoid any potential backlog
- Encouraging and creating a culture of continuous improvement with the maintenance service subcontractor to review the planned preventative maintenance program to improve effectiveness of service delivery and improve reliability of plant and equipment
- Ensuring that the strategic assessment of the building services infrastructure and make recommendations to protect and improve the robustness and effectiveness of both current and proposed systems
- Assisting in the compilation of and monitoring of accurate and pragmatic budgets exception reporting
- Demonstrating compliance to all applicable statutory standards relating to the operations of the property infrastructure
- Developing and monitoring life cycle plans with plant cost options balanced against energy consumption and ensure the maintenance service subcontractor monitors energy and utility usage, investigates anomalies and identifies opportunities for improvement
- Managing the works orders and monitoring costs for value for money
- Identifying savings opportunities in line with contractual requirements
- Identifying and assisting in the implementation of service delivery improvements
- Working with the service providers to identify and implement opportunities for innovations
- Carrying out periodic audits of maintenance provision and documentation records
- Identifying improvements in energy consumption performance and assisting in the implementation of associated green measures to achieve this objective
- Ensuring statutory compliance and documentary evidence
- Complying with client contract and procurement policies and documentary evidence
- Ensuring active promotion and compliance with client H&S policies and procedures
- Supporting the country facilities manager in creating a one team approach with the service partners and the wider team.
Your experience, knowledge and skills need to include:
- 5-10 years of experience in a critical service environment within a corporate environment.
- Good IT skills
- Industrial environment experience
- Detailed understanding of building services systems, maintenance management, contractual procedures and financial control
- Familiarity with energy conservation measures
- Understanding of procurement process and issues
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Good people management skills
- Good numeracy skills and experience of managing budgets
- Ownership of output and good attention to details.
- A degree qualification in mechanical/electrical or equivalent.
- A basic qualification in HS & E i.e. IOSH/NEBOSH.