£70,000 - £80,000
6 months ago
Our client is a prestigious estate built near the River Thames and comprising private rented apartments and serviced apartments along with associated Spa, Fitness Club with indoor swimming pool and Food & Beverage amenities on a 7acre site.
The estate includes 3.5 acres of private landscaped gardens located within the centre of the estate over an underground car park. The overall size of the estate is one million square feet.
The estate is served by its own private borehole water supply system and very large below ground level reservoirs. The heating and hot water system within areas of the estate originate from central plant that is housed within three main boiler rooms.
The electrical systems within the estate originate from two main electrical switch rooms and a variety of sub main electrical distribution systems that serve the tenants local systems and the landlord services that range in age from approximately 1 to 30+ years old.
The Facilities management requirement for the estate consists of both planned preventative and reactive maintenance of all the mechanical, electrical and public health services that server both the landlord and tenant areas and systems across the estate.
There are a number of sub-contracted elements including passenger lifts across the estate and water management supplier plus boiler/plant monitoring.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- They are looking for an Facilities Manager to manage all aspects of the engineering & maintenance department (Hard Services) and advise/support other departments, which sit outside of the main engineering team
- They operate a reasonability flat structure and the Facilities Manager will report directly into the Estate General Manager
Qualifications and experience:
- Planning and Project Management Skills
- Financial Planning and Negotiating Skills with the ability to manage a budget and expenditure to budget
- Change Management and ability to drive change
- Ability to search for solutions to seemingly complex issues
- Take control of the operation and manage efficiently
- Ability to Make decisions quickly when required
- Ability to work effectively both in collaboration with other professionals/teams and also on own initiative
- Ability to influence people who are not part of your team
- Excellent interpersonal skills, particularly the ability to relate to tenants, colleagues and external 3rd parties’ suppliers
- Excellent organisational skills / Time management
- Ability to prioritise and organise own workload / able to work to deadlines
- Ability to motivate team to achieve maximum output from all team members
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills, as well as customer and client management skills
- Solve problems and direct teams to deliver the solution
- Ability to produce reports and technical information
- Ability to devise and implement systems, process and procedures
- Ability to lead the team with drive and passion to implement change where necessary and increase productivity
- Have skills in science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM)
- Excellent IT skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel and Word Essential Knowledge Base Knowledge of relevant health and safety requirements
- Experience of project management and change management
- Experience of managing budgets
- Experience of managing staff
- Experience of managing facilities of a similar size property
- Experience of managing 3rd parties’ suppliers
- Honesty and integrity
- Professional and approachable attitude
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Self-motivated with a positive 'can do' approach to work
- Flexible over working hours according to the needs of the business
- Work as part of a team