£45,000 - £47,000
David de Souza
9 months ago
Our client is one of the most successful facilities management companies in the world dealing with TFM to a host of clients in many different industries. They are searching for an experienced Engineering Shift Leader to work at an iconic building in central London. You will be responsible for engineers working in BMS, BOAS, and Vent Engineer. The candidate will need to be HVAP qualified and able to write clear incident reports.
Requirements of the Engineering Shift Leader:
- Ensure that Planned Preventative Maintenance & Reactive maintenance is carried out to all client assets through operation of Planned Preventative Maintenance System.
- Ensure team members are up to date with all Biological Barrier protocols of the site at all times and comply with these.
- Ensure that accurate and comprehensive records are kept pertaining to Health & Safety, Building Compliance and Quality Assurance.
- Ensure that sub-contractors perform to meet the requirement of the contract. Administer sub contractor work approvals and safe operation while repair or service is carried out on site.
- To operate a Permit to Work System in accordance with Norland Managed Services Quality, Health & Safety procedures and client requirements (or approved client system).
- Ensure that plant faults and defects are swiftly remedied to maintain plant in serviceable order at all times.
- To carry out routine quality checks on workforce activities, record keeping and general housekeeping.
- Ensure that suitable spares are available to carry out maintenance of the above plant.
- Overview the buildings environmental conditions using the BMS System and utilise same to maintain acceptable internal conditions.
- Ensure that comprehensive maintenance records are completed in the form of job sheets.
- Ensure that Method Statements and Risk Assessments are prepared, reviewed and utilised for all tasks (PPM’s and reactive) carried out to ensure safe working practices.
- To maintain & develop good client relationships.
- Ensure the provision of a Safe & Healthy working environment.
- Ensure a professional image of company is presented to clients and visitors.
- Undertake other tasks as defined and requested by local management.
- To ensure the shift engineers are undertaking work tasks as directed and with suitable H&S awareness/implementation.
- Ensure awareness and compliance to the contractual KPI’s/SLA’s.
- Ensure the Computer Based Maintenance system, e.g. Maximo, Concept, etc is kept up to date and that PPM and reactive tickets are closed out with accurate data captured.
- Formally trained in Mechanical/Electrical/Refrigeration Building Services maintenance, at apprentice level.
- Recognised Health and Safety qualification, such as IOSH
- Basic skills on Building Management Systems an advantage.
- Experience of working in a scientific environment
- Able to make sound decisions when needed.
- Able to ascend and descend vertical access equip.
- Able to work at heights and on roofs.e