£33,500 - £36,500
over 1 year ago
We are currently seeking an experienced Electrical Engineer to join a leading contractor in London. Our client works across a range of project sectors including commercial, industrial and infrastructure schemes. They have been established since 1887 and are one of the world’s leading project development and construction groups, with over 40600 employees across the globe.
Offering a salary of £37,500, flexible shift starting times of 7am, 8am and 9am and with over time available on the weekend.
It is beneficial to have worked on government sites where security clearance is required. You will be expected to work in an environment where SC and DV clearance takes place.
This is a key appointment which is available for an immediate start.
As the selected Electrical Engineer, your key roles and responsibilities will include:
- Carry out planned maintenance to a variety of electrical equipment, as per detail and requirement
- Carry out reactive repairs to electrical systems and equipment as per requirement
- Carry out installation work on electrical circuitry and equipment as per drawings and requirements of the business
- Responsible for self and others to maintain a safe working environment as per the Health and Safety at Work Act (1974) and subsequent UK and EU amendments
- Take part in call out rota as required
- Accept and feedback work on PPM system and suggest improvements
- Offer support to other trade
- Completion of documentation as required, including RA’s & MS’s
- Undertake Health and Safety, Technical and other training as required
- Must be prepared to work towards multi-skilling
- Other duties as the job role requires
- Be aware of the business continuity plan for the part of the business you work in
Essential skills, experience and attributes:
- Have security clearance
- 5 years of working experience in an Electrical engineering environment / knowledge of mechanical engineering also beneficial
- Experience working in a site based capacity
- Experience working on large scale projects
- Good ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Have exposure to a PFI environment
- Extensive post qualification experience
- City and Guilds certificate/NVQ level 3 certificate or equivalent preferred
- Fault finding abilities are essential
- Ability to read schematic and circuit diagrams
- Good communication skills and the ability to work within a team
In order to apply for this role, you must be eligible to work in the UK without Visa restrictions, hold a UK passport, or have been a resident for 10 years plus.