£40,000 - £44,000
David de Souza
almost 3 years ago
Bridge Recruitment has been appointed to source a Contracts Manager that will oversee a station cleaning operation which spreads from Northampton and up to Crewe. You will manage the day to day operation of 168 Locations and approx. 100 employees, whilst leading and motivating your direct reports. It will be expected for you to operate consistently within Company policy and maximise profits within budgetary parameters and provide excellent customer service at all times. This is a 9am - 5pm role which would require you to be on call on a 1 in 3 weekend basis. Previous Train Station Cleaning will be advantageous.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To Head the Sites Cleaning Team as a well presented, dynamic, professional, committed, hardworking and understanding individuals
- Always striving to enhance the operation
- Organisation of Monthly Staff Roster and any extra cover required
- Careful coordination of staff vacation. The sites must not be left vulnerable by several members of ‘key personnel’ being off at any one time.
- Ensuring the correct completion of all hours worked by Cleaning Staff and provided to H/Q
- Overseeing that Staff are presented to the highest standard of business dress with the required identification
- To co-ordinate staff appraisals and provide a record of all appraisals for observation by the Client’s Management Representatives and the Company
- These appraisals should be completed with absolute honesty, providing as much positive and supportive feedback and should identify a clear path forward for the individual
- Developing a strong staff and client rapport, being available to listen, to assist and to support wherever possible and to react appropriately and promptly to staff concerns
- Maintaining a solid and sound link with the Company and the Client’s management Representatives
- Attendance to Management Meetings and substantial contribution to the progression of a smooth-running operation and a positive and pro-active ethos among staff and building occupants
- The overview of key control Completion of key audits to determine any inconsistencies and missing keys
- These audits should be signed to confirm that all keys are in order.
- The ordering of new, replacement keys for the building
- Proactively seek to work with the other Service Providers to ensure as more unified and stronger “One Team” approach and leading by example
- Establish opportunities for collaboration and identify existing synergies
- Accountable for ensuring all processes align to ISO 9001, 14001 and 18001
- Ensure all demised contracts are successfully run in line with the main contract
- Exercise and always promote the Company’s vision and value
- The implementation of constructive, fair and firm disciplinary procedures.
- Awareness of the disciplinary progression and the consequences of individual offences
- The Completion of all Exit Interviews
- Ability to work well in a highly pressurised environment
- Motivate and lead the team to new levels of development and achievements by regular coaching and one-to-ones
- Make sure Customer needs are always met
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to be pro-active and work on own initiative
- Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels
- Competent IT skills
- Good knowledge of Rostering and Working Time Directive. Must be able to create and manage rosters and work out Holiday entitlements for all staff
- Able to accurately record data
- Timekeeping and attendance must be of a very high standard.