The position of Contract Manager is to take complete operational a strategic responsibility for the contract. The contract manager holds responsibility for budget control with the ability to successfully negotiate costs to increase profit margins. The post holder will manage, motivate and train staff to ensure competency of tasks and adherence to company and legislative policy and procedures. The post holder will implement, monitor and control cleaning operations to ensure that Client and Company requirements are achieved. The post holder will be responsible for both the core cleaning and for the event cleaning. For the events, they are responsible for planning, calculating costs, arranging/sourcing staff, arranging/sourcing equipment, liaising with the client and managing the cleaning operation itself on event days.
- To understand and manage clients’ expectations within the boundaries of the contract and ensure that the service delivered and management information required by the client is provided within timelines agreed as per the contract and/or our operating practices.
- Develop and maintain effective client relationships ensuring that regular liaison is maintained Throughout the customer Decision-Making Unit (DMU) and that standards audits, KPI’s, SLA’s and management reports reflect the standard of service to their optimum and in line with customer expectation.
- Develop and maintain an effective operational contract management, ensuring compliance with all operational KPI’s, reviewing activity on all contracts regularly and promoting innovation/best practice and service development to deliver best value and generate customer loyalty
- To be responsible for ensuring that all Company KPI targets are adhered to in order that consistent standards across the business are delivered.
- To ensure that profit and loss targets for the contract are delivered through the control of all budgets including wage to charge, materials, and maintenance of equipment.
- To ensure that time sheets and other financial documentation is accurate and processed within the required timescales.
- To process variation sales sheets on time, while monitoring cost/profit centres and taking action as necessary (with the approval of the Line Manager).
- To ensure that training targets are met and the relevant forms are completed and submitted for the site within the specified remit to allow the delivery of contract service requirements and potential one-off income within the business needs of the contracts and area under his responsibility
- Manage operational activities to ensure they meet with the company and legislative requirements for Health and Safety, quality management, environmental issues and general duty of care.
- Specialist projects as agreed with Regional Director to support the needs of the Organisation.
- Compliance to company policy, procedures & management reporting timetable
- To organise and supervise cleaning operatives/supervisors, to ensure working practices are efficient and effective.
- To develop and maintain a good standard of employee relations and motivate employees to ensure a high level of morale.
- To carry out agreed monitoring to support the cleaning supervisor in order to achieve set targets by completing an agreed number of quality audits in line with Company procedures, taking the necessary corrective action to rectify any shortfalls identified.
- To recruit, induct, train and develop employees, developing an efficient and effective workforce that is competent in the use of cleaning agents and machinery.
- To deal with and action all day-to-day emails, telephone calls, enquiries, messages.
- To be able to carry out specialist cleaning operations, such as floor maintenance and carpet shampooing so as to be able train cleaning operatives to complete the necessary tasks.
Skills Required/Person Specification:
- Practical experience in the cleaning industry or a similar manpower intensive industry. Supervisory experience is essential
- A sound educational background is required. Suitable and relevant qualifications to the industry
- BICSc/NVQ, or equivalent
- Commitment to the role
- A proactive attitude
- Able to work well under pressure
- A high level of personal presentation