40000 Negotiable depending on experience
9 months ago
Role: Buyer/Assistant Buyer
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
Job Status: Permanent
Vacancy Reference: VR/0 4349
An exciting opportunity has risen with one of our clients for an Assistant Buyer or Buyer dependant on experience. You will be working for a forward-thinking and well respected company who really care about their employee wellbeing, and support their professional growth and development. The company has a family feel, but corporately managed and are looking for an individual who shares the company ethos and values, and is looking for longevity from their next role.
With numerous awards and accreditations to its name, this company has been growing year on year ever since they were first established 30 years ago.
Key responsibilities of role:
- Purchase goods, materials, Plant Hire & components in line with specification, equivalent or approved, and ensuring maximum profitability
- Support the purchasing function and other relevant departments and communicate any supply problems which may impact on business operations
- Act as an interface between suppliers and other relevant departments on purchasing processes and new projects and activities
- Monitor and advise on any issues which present risk or opportunity to the organisation
- Monitor market trends, competitor strategies and market suppliers
- Provide analysis on costs, new and existing and review cost reduction activities
- Prepare supplier line ups prior to placing orders for review and update as and when required
- Work closely with others in the procurement function and review opportunities for continuous improvement and business improvements
- Negotiate & improve prices and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make business savings utilising negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods
- Prepare and raise purchase orders correctly including correct pricing, quantity & description.
- Build, maintain and manage supplier relationships and keep up good communications
- Update & amending Hire schedules and liaising with site on requirements on existing hire contracts
- Ensure that a professional and consistent approach is taken in relation to all supplier relationships
- Ensure compliance to company guidelines, purchasing policies and procedures and guidance during supplier negotiations award process.
- Conduct research for new products and suppliers
- Update & Amend master call off schedules as required on bulk/call off orders
- Assess and evaluate suppliers and contribute to performance reviews to ensure contract compliance
Key skills & experience required:
- Highly motivated individually who possess excellent negotiation skills.
- Organised and ability to redesign and implement purchasing processes/procedures
- Has the ability to work with a traceable approach to all tasks
- Excellent knowledge of plumbing, heating and ventilation industry
- Good product knowledge across, Plumbing, Drainage, Ventilation & Pipe
- Excellent Microsoft Excel Skills