£30,000 - £35,000
almost 4 years ago
- Obtain new business for the Company under the strategic guidelines set out by the Managing Director.
- The geographical area is set by the Branch Manager
- Plan short and long-term sales activities
- Ensure necessary market research and analysis
- Ensure that all potential cold calls are completed adhering to the target set out by the Branch Manager
- Prepare a proposal for submission at an average rate of one per week for new or existing clients
- Contact potential clients to introduce the company and start sales process.
- Visit sites and price contracts.
- Cooperate with Operations to achieve the reduction of price of services, where reasonably practicable.
- Negotiate price and other terms and conditions with potential clients.
- Prepare and manage necessary sales documentation and information: emails, letters, proposals, contracts, specifications, etc.
- Ensure client database in Act and information on server is up to date.
- Monitor tenders in public sector and apply for relevant tenders.
- Prepare and participate in presentations.
- Assist Operations in contract reviews as required.
- Ensure effective communication with clients.
- Manage/assist mobilisation of new contracts.
- Monitor lost clients.
- Pass relevant information onto other Business Development Managers and analyse information received in exchange.
- Cooperate in national bids with other Business Development Managers.
- Ensure sales information is up to date on the shared drive: i.e. AA Quotes, proposal schedule.
- Prepare the Red Flag report weekly and receive authorisation from your line manager and forward it to the designated staff by the close Thursday.
- Suggest innovations for business expansion.
- Ensure you attend the bimonthly sales meeting in France
- Any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as required, commensurate with the position.