£50,000 - £55,000 plus commission / package
3 months ago
Our Client is a long-standing provider of security and cleaning services to the UK market and in 2007, they were acquired by a leading FM Provider based in Europe. The combined business has seen significant investment and now deliver services in Cleaning, Security, Waste Management, Recycling, Interior Plants, Landscaping, Grounds maintenance, Pest control, Washroom consumables, Feminine hygiene, Mechanical and electrical (M&E) maintenance and Catering.
An opportunity has become available for an experienced Business Development Manager to grow and develop the Security side of the business with a base in London or the Midlands.
You will join their highly successful sales team and will report to the Sales Director, selling a range of security services so it is important for you to have experience of selling in the security guarding sector and be able to demonstrate sales success in recent years.
Target will be between £2-3million.
- Managing the generation of new business to achieve monthly and annual targets
- Aiding in the strategic planning, development and implementation of the corporate growth plan.
- Building on the existing database of new and existing contacts
- Identifying opportunities for new business through market research and use of marketing intelligence to inform a client identification, pre-qualification, tendering, negotiation and contract implementation pathways.
- Managing and conducting cost analysis of bids and commercial data, including for new business opportunities.
- Attending tender site visits, client meetings and submission interviews - preparing and delivering presentations and completed all necessary documents for prospective clients.
- Negotiating new contracts - including writing and drafting tender and contract documentation.
- Working closely with the wider BD team to ensure no stone is left unturned.
Key Skills / Experience:
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong financial acumen and commercial awareness
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to demonstrate ability to secure profitable business growth
- Ability to motivate yourself and work from your own initiative