9 months ago
The role of Business Development Manager is to generate new sales, contributing to the overall growth of the business. The role is responsible for growing the business within the current geographic area of London and the South East, also look to expand our existing services and products to new and existing clients.
The Business Development Manager is responsible for meeting and delivering targets in accordance with company expectations, working closely and positively with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the defined objectives and priorities are supported and achieved.
Using your proven technical expertise, you will understand our client’s requirements and then incorporate your technical knowledge of the UK Security/Manned Security Guarding industry into your sales pitch. The role holder must be capable of owning the end to end sales process, ensuring it is conducted professionally and within agreed timescales. An excellent client experience must be at the heart of all client interactions throughout the entire process.
Duties include generating leads, cold-calling prospects and developing existing clients, setting appointments, producing a proposal and tender documentation, including presenting to potential clients. Once a deal is won, the Business Development Manager will work in conjunction with the Operations department to ensure a seamless mobilisation plan is executed.
The role holder must be ambitious and motivated to succeed, who is capable of getting results through generating their own prospects and leads. Persistence to revisit prospects if initially unsuccessful is vital; the role requires someone who is excellent at building rapport and long-standing relationships with potential clients, which are sustainable over many years.
Previous experience with a proven track record of success in sales within the security industry is essential. Knowledge of manned security guarding and technology-based security solutions is essential for this role, in addition to relevant regulation, legislation and industry developments.
- Ownership and accountability for the end to end sales process, from enquiry to contract mobilisation.
- Responsible for pro-actively identifying new leads, including cold-calling, introductory appointments and through attending networking events.
- Accountable for successfully identifying and exploring market growth opportunities that are complementary to business plan objectives.
- Work to ensure all leads and tasks are assigned and dealt with in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Ability to forecast sales and hit quarterly and annual sales targets, including securing a minimum amount of monthly appointments, which result in submitting proposals to potential clients.
- Working closely with colleagues to ensure the security service offering fits the client’s needs and that the costings provided meet internal business objectives.
- Ability to prepare sales documentation to an exceptional standard, submitting winning proposals and high-quality responses to RFIs /RFQs.
- Display excellent consultancy skills when advising potential clients of appropriate security solutions which fit their needs, including carrying out detailed site surveys, to gather all required information.
- A self-starter, able to plan visits, prioritise time, react agilely to opportunities, and provide tenacious follow-up.
- Provide regular analysis of leads and prospects, market conditions and pricing trends to the Business Development Manager.
- Proficiently use internal CRM system to ensure all sales interactions are recorded, including logging of all tasks, calls, meetings and proposals submitted, that relate to a lead or a deal. The Business Development Manager is also responsible for submitting required management information to the senior management team, on a monthly basis.
- Demonstrates sound and viable commercial decision making.
- Contribute ideas for Marketing campaigns, including new marketing material, email campaigns and supporting sales literature, to strengthen the sales process.
- Provides support to other members of the sales department, including attending client meetings and site visits as required, acting as an ambassador representing Adsec.
- Ensure you are accessible to clients either in person or by phone to directly discuss any issues.
- Provide support and be accessible for admin and finance teams, providing direct client contact relating to account queries including negotiation and recovery of funds where non-payment of invoices occurs.
- Proactively monitor and strive to maintain high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency throughout the sales process.
- Build peer support and strong internal-company relationships with colleagues at all levels.
Skills & Qualifications
The role holder will possess the following skills and be either working towards or have obtained the required qualifications;
- Accomplished sales skills, with a proven track record of achieving sales targets.
- Excellent customer service skills, with the ability to persuade and negotiate effectively.
- A confident presenter who can craft high quality presentations via MS PowerPoint and deliver this information to potential clients through their sales pitch, in an engaging, persuasive, professional manner.
- Ability to work quickly, accurately and to deadlines, using a logical and methodical approach.
- Committed, enthusiastic and motivated to drive the business forward.
- Excellent communication skills, including an ability to develop strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders, across all levels.
- Display a positive can-do attitude, working collaboratively with a respectful approach to all internal members of staff.
- Must be an excellent team player, who is adaptable to change, open to new ideas and ways of working.
- Strong IT skills, proficient in MS Office and with experience of using CRM systems.
- Knowledge and experience of the UK security industry/Manned Security Guarding, ensuring best practice throughout all client interactions.
- Continually maintains sales knowledge and sales techniques.
- SIA Licence (non-front line) is required.
- Valid UK Driving Licence is required.