11 months ago
Our client is a world-renown Technology centre in West London who provide high tech equipment to various industries around the world. They are looking for an experienced Building Engineer to work with the maintenance, repair, and development of the building and its infrastructure. The perfect candidate will be skilled in a number of disciplines such as Plumbing, HVAC, Electrical, and Mechanical.
- Assist with, and lead on, planned maintenance, reactive repairs, and enhancements to the building and its infrastructure including Plumbing (hot/cold water systems), Electrical systems including lighting, HVAC, Gas systems, and Mechanical
- Undertake first line fault finding and carrying out the most appropriate and economic means of rectification.
- Carry out building and infrastructure inspections to maintain statutory compliance and a high standard of the working environment for all staff and visitors. This includes recording the results and carrying out, or arranging, remedial works as required.
- Ensure that a critical spares inventory is managed appropriately in order that the PPM regime operates as planned with minimum downtime and disruption to normal business activities.
- Adopt a flexible approach to work, such that you can lead or assist with general duties that, for example, will include the rearrangement of working areas to accommodate changes in production and other business developments.
- Ensure that all planned, reactive, emergency and other works are completed in a timely and cost-effective manner to the required standards.
- Ensure that information from reactive and emergency works is taken into account in the continual improvement of PPM processes.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and efficiency within your area of responsibility and propose and deliver a range of continuous improvement projects as agreed with the line manager.
- Complete out-of-hours working and emergency call outs when required.
- Embrace a team-working environment and provide support and assistance to others in the team when needed.
- Ensure that work is completed according to appropriate timescales, and at suitable times, so to minimise detrimental impacts on the performance of the business.
- Oversee external contractors and monitor their compliance with the planned progress of agreed works, and related health and safety arrangements.
- Complete all other reasonable tasks required by the line manager in order to fulfil the purpose of the role and of the Technical Services Department in general.
- Candidates with a 17th/18th Edition electrical qualification are preferred.
- Recognised and current qualifications relevant to the role and relevant experience.
- A good working knowledge of risk assessments and permits to work is essential.