up to £38,000
David De Souza
7 months ago
Our client is one of the most successful facilities management companies in the world dealing with TFM to a host of clients in many different industries. They are searching for an experienced shift leader to work at an iconic building in central London. They are looking for an experienced BOAS Engineer to ensure all environmental conditions are maintained at all times with regards to critical building systems. They would need to carry out Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM), reactive and breakdown works to all mechanical and electrical systems within the site. Engineers must be able to demonstrate relevant knowledge of UPS, Generators, HV, PDU’s, Crac units, steam boilers, LTHW boilers, steam systems and AHU’s, which will include the ability to fault find using the production of graphical information and the utilisation of current alarm data.
- Ensure that routine PPM is carried out to all mechanical and electrical plant in accordance with Site task schedules and asset lists.
- Ensure that reactive tasks throughout the building are completed and be proactive in highlighting areas where improvements can be made. These reactive calls to also include concessionary stores and fabric related items.
- Ensure that plant faults and defects are swiftly remedied to maintain plant in serviceable order at all times.
- Ensure that suitable spares are available to carry out both maintenance and reactive works. To provide parts lists and estimated timescales to carry out remedial works.
- Ensure that all relevant paperwork is completed regarding PPM, reactive and breakdown works and that it is passed without delay to the contract administrator.
- Ensure that Method Statements and Risk Assessments are prepared, and used for all tasks undertaken to ensure safe working practices at all times.
- To develop a good working relationship with all members of company staff, subcontractors and the client representatives.
- Ensure the provision of a Safe and Healthy working environment. To include the wearing of uniform and PPE at all times.
- Ensure the professional image of the company is presented to clients at all times
- Ensure up to date shift logs are kept at all times
- Ensure that all plant rooms under the responsibility of the company are locked at all times and are kept in a clean and tidy condition.
- Supervising and monitoring of sub-contractors works whilst they are on site undertaking maintenance.
- To arrange and provide holiday and sickness cover at short notice and be flexible in their working patterns.
- To remain on site until relieved by incoming shift, or as otherwise agreed by the account management team.
- To undertake lone working when and where required, subject to passing satisfactory training.
- Ensure assigned tasks are actioned and completed as appropriate.
- To ensure tasks as directed are completed with the appropriate H&S awareness/implementation.
- Ensure an awareness and compliance to the contractual KPI's/SLA's.
- Ensure Computer Based Maintenance system, e.g. Maximo, Concept, is kept up to date and that PPM and reactive tickets are closed out with accurate data captured.
- To operate a Permit to Work System in accordance with company Quality, Health & Safety procedures and client requirements (or approved client system).
- Any other task as directed by the account management team.
- Formally trained in Mechanical/Electrical/Refrigeration Building Services maintenance, at apprentice level.
- Recognised Health and Safety qualification, such as IOSH
- Basic skills on Building Management Systems an advantage.
- Experience of working in a scientific environment
- Able to make sound decisions when needed.
- Physically fit. Able to ascend and descend vertical access equip.
- Able to work at heights and on roofs.