about 2 years ago
Our Client is a worldwide player in the Property Support Services market and they require an experienced Bid Manager to join/lead their Team. As a growing Team, this role will influence 2 junior Bid Co-ordinators and work as a strong support to the Bid Director. Your role will be hands-on and you must lead by example, you will be expected to write bids and travel to client sites across the UK to understand their requirements. The Company are growing rapidly across their portfolio across EMEA and APAC.
- To provide effective bid management support to the Bid Development Team in compiling PQQ's, RFI's for various bids, including discussion documents, proposals and presentations
- You will support the business by planning and manage the bid process and delivering tender responses in line with the Company's brand, position and processes
- The Bid Manager translates win strategies and business objectives into smart, compelling, consistent, customer focussed, error-free documents and presentations, project managing activity through the bid plan and escalating risk to the bid leader/board when required
- To proactively conduct market research and competitor analysis to develop win strategies and bid plans, bring ideas and fresh thinking to the department and to identify future leads and opportunities.
- Management and production of tender submissions for their opportunities for PQQs, RFIs and RFPs
- Developing a bid strategy for each opportunity
- Ensuring all proposals produced are correctly initiated with the production of a bid plan in partnership with the Bid Leaders
- Monitoring and reporting on bid production performance against bid plan milestones
- Analysing tender documentation to uncover key client drivers and objectives
- Undertaking client /project /scope/stakeholders /competitor research to better understand opportunities
- Facilitating workshops with the wider bid team to share knowledge and develop a bid strategy
- Based on research/workshop, define a strong win strategy, then capture/champion it
- Create a plan to execute that strategy
- Create guidance/templates to support that strategy - CV templates/writing style guides etc
- Manage the overall bid process - Project/bid management - defining deliverables/deadlines and owners - the bid plan.
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Strong communication and motivational skills
- Strong team working skills - The ability to work in a team and alone as an activity requires creativity and design flair
- Fast and accurate document preparation skills
- Strong comprehension and interpretation skills
- A strong customer service focus
- A flexible attitude to work, including working evenings and weekends to meet deadlines when required
- Flexible and open to changing priorities and managing multiple tasks simultaneously within a compressed timeframes
- A very high standard of written English, skilled in editing copy to correct grammar, spelling and punctuation with the ability to shape compelling responses
- Skilled to manage delivery through colleagues, including technical employees at all levels, bid colleagues, marketing and communications and external suppliers
- Influence - ability to lead the room
- Strong organisational and project management skills
- Confident at communicating at all levels.