3 months ago
An opportunity has arisen to work for a leading FM provider, to provide bid management support to the bid development team in compiling PQQs, RFIs and RFPs for various bids, including discussion documents, proposals and presentations. The bid manager will support the business by planning and managing the bid process and delivering tender responses in line with the companys brand, position and processes.
The bid manager translates win strategies and business objectives into smart, compelling, consistent, customer-focused, error-free documents and presentations, project managing activity through the bid plan and escalating risk to bid leader/board where required.
You will proactively conduct market research and competitor analysis to develop win strategies and bid plans, bring ideas and fresh thinking to the department and to identify future opportunities and leads.
The role will encompass receiving and acknowledging enquiries from prospective clients, and preparing presentations, marketing and promotional material including capability statements. Customer relationship management also forms part of this role. This position is office based in Watford, but may require customer site visits, with occasional international travel and visits to other office locations across the UK.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing and producing tender submissions for Macro opportunities for PQQs, RFIs and RFPs.
- Developing a bid strategy for each opportunity.
- Ensuring all proposals produced are correctly initiated with the production of a bid plan in partnership with the bid leader.
- Monitoring and reporting on bid production performance against bid plan milestones.
- Analysing tender documentation to uncover key client drivers and objectives.
- Undertaking client/project/scope/stakeholders/competitor research to better understand opportunities.
- Facilitating workshops with the wider bid team to share knowledge and develop a bid strategy.
- Creating a plan to execute that strategy.
- Creating guidance/templates to support that strategy - CV templates/writing style guides etc.
- Managing the overall bid process - project/bid management - defining deliverables/deadlines and owners - the bid plan.
- Owning the bid programme, highlighting interdependencies and taking the lead in monitoring/reporting on progress with project planning.
- Internal progress meetings - bid kick off/booking regular progress meetings/setting the agenda/supporting the meetings.
- Managing inputs and outsourcing to support bid production, including desktop publishing and printing with third party/resource planning.
- Writing the bid, create the bid and submit the bid.
- Taking the lead in writing compelling, factual, focused executive summaries.
- Answering plan/storyboard with the team to understand the question/scoring mechanisms and set a clear path for bid team to deliver in line with your strategy.
- Taking a proactive role in the writing of standard content, CVs and project profiles - closing gaps where possible by interviewing/questioning relevant parts of the business.
- Proofing/copy editing responses to ensure a compelling, benefits-driven copy.
- Ensuring all required reviews and adjudication/sign-offs are required in line with Mace Way.
- Taking the lead in the bid programme, ensuring review and completion dates are achieved to deliver a bid to deadline.
- Presenting post-tender. Agree storyboards and scripting for presentations.
- Capturing all new content within bid content library - aftercare.
- Developing and maintaining bid document directory (including case studies, CVs) in conjunction with the companys brand asset library.
- Building and developing relationships across the wider business and within the supply chain.
Your experience, knowledge and skills need to include:
- Minimum 5 years experience specifically focused on bidding is required.
- Significant working experience in facilities management is essential.
- Experience of the international FM market is ideal.
- Extensive writing experience in a professional and/or journalistic environment.
- Experience translating business/brand strategy to content/communications.
- Experience in using Adobe Creative Suite (In Design). At least intermediate level is essential.
- Experience of CRM using databases is preferred.
- Competency in using of Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Flexibility and open to changing priorities.
- Very high standard of written English, skilled in editing copy to correct grammar, spelling and punctuation with the ability to shape compelling responses.
- Skilled to manage delivery through colleagues, including technical employees at all levels, bid colleagues, marketing and communications and external suppliers.
- Strong attention to detail and error-free delivery.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with the team, colleagues and stakeholders in a professional, consistent manner.
- Strong document preparation skills.
- Good organisation and planning skills.
- A strong customer service focus.
- Ability to work in a team and alone as activity requires
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously within compressed time frames.
- Ability to work extended/late hours to achieve submission deadlines.
- A relevant degree qualification is preferred but is not essential
- Professional memberships are an advantage but are not essential.