Role: Area Supervisor - Croydon / Sutton
Salary: £23k plus a Company Van
Job Status: Permanent / 40 hours per week
Vacancy Reference: VR/04345
Our Client is looking for an Area Supervisor to motivate, train, and recruit employees in the Croydon and Sutton areas.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Organise and supervise cleaning operatives and supervisors to ensure working practices are efficient and effective
• Build working relationships with employees to motivate them and ensuring that they understand what is expected of them
• Monitor cleaning operations through quality audits as agreed by your Line Manager, to ensure standards are met
• Recruit, induct, train, and develop employees, developing an efficient and effective workforce that is competent in the use of cleaning agents and machinery
• Sound experience in a supervisory role, preferably in a multi-site contract cleaning environment
• BICSc or relevant cleaning qualification
• An understanding of health and safety requirements
• An understanding of HR processes including recruitment and selection processes and disciplinary and grievance procedures
• Flexibility around working hours due to contracts being on various shifts
• Being multilingual with fluent English and any other European language is beneficial, but not essential.