£25,000 - £28,000 plus Company car
over 1 year ago
Exciting role for a Cleaning Area Manager to manage cleaning contracts across the Yorkshire region. You will be responsible for Cleaning Operatives and an Area Supervisor who you must support and mentor in order to meet challenging SLA's and KPI's. You will manage the day to day cleaning operation of your portfolio and operate consistently within Company policy; making best use of the resources available to you, while consistently providing excellent customer service.
- Responsible for overseeing a portfolio of approximately 40 sites across the Cleaning Division
- Meet and where possible, exceed client expectations whilst operating within agreed budgets
- Recruit, induct and train suitable staff ensuring compliance with vetting procedures and ensure cover at all times particularly within this account which will include night and weekend cleaning services.
- Maintain numbers of staff at the agreed levels to maintain contract standards
- Control wage spend in line with agreed budgets set by the Regional Manager and Account Director
- Monitor client satisfaction and service delivery on a monthly basis, through client meetings, monthly call log/complaints reports
- Carry out frequent site visits, both random and pre-planned to ensure service delivery is being met, escalating any issues to the relevant Regional Manager
- Carry out random and pre-planned audits including compliance and quality on a monthly basis.
- To deliver strategies to reduce staff turnover to include induction programme, training, feedback, performance management and personal coaching
- To oversee the site based training matrix for all personal to ensure training is delivered.
- Ensure health and safety of all employees and appropriate client or public
- Ensure that site documentation is maintained and correct
- Ensure products, equipment and materials are properly stored, used, maintained and controlled and fall in-line of agreed budget
- Ensure all administration is undertaken to provide the Company and the Client with the information they require to given deadlines
- Ensure that all personnel obey all site rules and maintain a smart appearance, including the wearing of uniforms
- Follow the Company grievance and disciplinary procedures
- Ensure activities are undertaken in line with quality management, health & safety, legal requirements, environmental policies and duty of care
- Uphold, safeguard and promote the Company’s values and philosophy relating to ethics, integrity and corporate social responsibility.
- This list is not exhaustive and from time to time ad hoc duties may be added to this list will you will be expected to undertake
- Measurement Criteria:
Adherence to and compliance with:
- Working Time Directive
- Employment Legislation
- Agreed client KPIs
- ISO procedures
- All budgeted areas supported and adhered to
- Meeting contracted hours
- Correct level of support staff
- Ability to work well in a highly pressurised environment
- Motivate and lead the team to new levels of development and achievements by regular coaching and one-to-ones with your direct reports.
- Make sure Customer needs are met at all times
- Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels
- Able to accurately record data
- Industry experience preferred
- Excellent communicator at all levels
- Ability to work on own initiative with minimum supervision
- Strong team working ethic and flexibility
- Ability to manage resources and cope under pressure
- Health & Safety awareness/training
- Strong customer service skills
- IT literate