£28,000 - £30,000 plus company car
over 1 year ago
As Area Cleaning Manager, you will be responsible for motivating and training the cleaning operatives in order to meet the business objectives. The post holder will implement, monitor and control cleaning operations to ensure that Client and Company requirements are achieved.
- To organise and supervise cleaning operatives/supervisors, to ensure working practices are efficient and effective
- To develop and maintain a good standard of employee relations and motivate employees to ensure a high level of morale
- To receive, record and inform your Line Manager of any complaints in a timely and well received manner
- To know and understand Company values and ethos to ensure that this is disseminated throughout the business
- To recruit, induct, train and develop employees, developing an efficient and effective workforce that is competent in the use of cleaning agents and machinery
- To report any grievance and disciplinary issues to your line manager and/or HR, as necessary, in line with the Company procedures
- To carry out any investigations for disciplinary/accidents as required by Regional Director
- To deal with and action all day-to-day telephone calls, enquiries, messages
- To be able to carry out specialist cleaning operations, such as floor maintenance and carpet shampooing so as to be able train cleaning operatives to complete the necessary tasks
- Manage operational activities to ensure they meet with company and legislative requirements for Health and Safety, quality management, environmental issues and general duty of care
- Specialist projects as agreed with Operations Director to support the needs of the Organisation
- Compliance to company policy, procedures & management reporting timetable.
Skills Required/Person Specification:
- Practical experience in the cleaning industry or a similar manpower intensive industry. Supervisory experience is essential
- Commitment to the role
- A proactive attitude
- Able to show discretion
- Able to work well under pressure
- A high level of personal presentation
- Possess a full, current driving licence.