2 months ago
Role: Service Delivery Manager
Job Status: Permanent
Location: Birmingham, West Midlands
Vacancy Reference: VR/04412 (Please quote this vacancy reference when making an application)
The position of Service Deliver Manager is to support the Client Manager with the cleaning operation within their area of responsibility, in this case, the West Midlands. The post holder is responsible for motivating and training the cleaning operatives in order to meet the business objectives. The post holder will implement, monitor and control cleaning operations to ensure that Client and Company requirements are achieved.
Main Duties and Responsibilities.
- Organise and supervise cleaning operatives/ supervisors, to ensure working practices are efficient and effective
- Develop and maintain a good standard of employee relations and motivate employees to ensure a high level of morale
- To carry out agreed monitoring to support your Team in order to achieve set targets by completing an agreed number of quality audits in line with Company procedures, taking the necessary corrective action to rectify any shortfalls identified
- To receive, record and inform the Line Manager of any complaints in a timely and well received manner
- To know and understand Company values and ethos to ensure that this is disseminated throughout the business
- Recruit, induct, train and develop employees, developing an efficient and effective workforce that is competent in the use of cleaning agents and machinery
- Ensure employees are aware of what is expected of them, in terms of workloads, standards and their relationship with Client/ Contractor
- To collate and assist the Client Manager with the completion of timesheets
- Report any grievance and disciplinary issues to your line manager and/or HR, as necessary, in line with the Company procedures
- Carry out any investigations for disciplinary/accidents as required by Regional Director
- Deal with and action all day-to-day telephone calls, enquiries, messages
- To be able to carry out specialist cleaning operations, such as floor maintenance and carpet shampooing so as to be able train cleaning operatives to complete the necessary tasks
- Manage operational activities to ensure they meet with company and legislative requirements for Health and Safety, quality management, environmental issues and general duty of care.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A sound educational background is required
- Suitable and relevant qualifications to the industry would be advantageous
- An understanding of management techniques, Health and Safety, organisation methods and troubleshooting
- Supervisory experience
- The ability to communicate in English, clearly and concisely
- Able to deal with clients diplomatically
- IT literate
- Commitment to the role
- A proactive attitude
- Able to show discretion
- Able to work well under pressure
- A high level of personal presentation
- Possess a full, current driving licence
- Able to commit to flexible working hours.
- BICSc/ NVQ, or equivalent
- Train the training qualification
- An understanding of the disciplinary and grievance procedures and proficient knowledge in TUPE requirements
- Sound experience in a contract cleaning environment
- Good motivational skills.