We are currently working with a plant hire company who have been successfully trading for over 25 years. Through their continued growth and achievement within the sector, they now operate at a national level. They are looking for an experienced Purchase Ledger to become an integral part of the finance team. The successful candidate will be highly organised, have experience of using Sage and be a quick learner. The Team are stable and require someone who is highly organised and able to work on their own initiative.
- General control and maintenance of the Purchase Ledger
- Processing of purchase invoices onto the system
- Payment runs via Sage, on a weekly and monthly basis
- Processing BACS payments received, and DD/SO payments made-daily current a/c bank
- Process EPDQ payments on to Sage; reconcile a monthly statement
- Process Petty Cash payments and receipts; reconcile on a regular basis
- HMRC EU Sales return
- CITB return
- VAT return
- Checking Aged Purchase Order Report
- Any other duties as required to maintain the smooth running of the Purchase Ledger
- Credit check & set up suppliers relevant ISO paperwork; do letters and questionnaires for suppliers.
- Previous knowledge of Sage is critical.