The role of Procurement Manager takes responsibility for all aspects of spend. You will maintain up to date market expertise in order to work closely with key stakeholders to develop and execute category plans that achieve the objectives for the specific category, achieving the best value whilst mitigating any risk.
- Act as the primary Category lead reporting to relevant Business Partner Interface and be the focal point with the stakeholder project teams for all procurements defined within your Portfolio Undertake and manage the effective delivery of the Procurement Strategy, policies & procedures and savings programme on an assigned Category Group/Portfolio basis in order to provide a professional procurement service to stakeholders
- Provide best practice procurement advice and end to end sourcing project management to stakeholders – develop sourcing specifications and the sourcing approach with Stakeholders
- Understand key commercial drivers and commercial success criteria for procurements undertaken within the portfolio and act as procurement challenge within the procurement governance process Initiate and develop business cases, reports and committee items as required and present to the appropriate internal and external stakeholders
- Undertake and deliver the Savings Programme assigned to your Category Group / Portfolio and team and deliver cashable savings opportunities for your assigned Category Undertake the implementation of proactive cost reduction and supplier improvement programmes within your Category/Portfolio, as defined by the Head of Procurement in order to deliver the best value for the Force
- Undertake the creation and marketing of Category plans and identify where corrective action is needed to ensure procurement issues are managed effectively throughout the procurement cycle Manage supply market and supplier research activity to support the development of strategic plans and undertake Category / Market appraisal exercises in order to develop and maintain core knowledge sufficient to identify best value options
- Identify, develop and provide input into business cases, reports, committee items and present to the appropriate internal and external stakeholders
- Support the development of positive relationships with key senior stakeholders to raise awareness of the benefits of a strategic approach to spend management. Provide category and strategic sourcing insight to enable the stakeholders to make informed choices about the way in which its expenditure is deployed.