about 3 years ago
Our Client provides world-class learning and development and knowledge management to everyone across the business, at every stage of their career.
To cover maternity leave, they require an experienced manage FM Manager to oversee the London office facilities in St Pauls. Their office is open plan and to provide an environment, which is efficient, productive and pleasant to work in, they have created a modern image to their clients, colleagues and guests which reflects their brand.
- To ensure the office facilities standards are upheld at all times
- The management of a small local facilities team comprising one facilities coordinator and three receptionists
- The management of suppliers (Catering, Hard FM, Soft FM and other minor suppliers), to ensure they are correctly paid and upholding the standards set out in their contracts
- To manage the relationship with the tenant of the sublet/surplus space within the office, ensuring that they are charged in accordance with their lease provisions.
- To maintain the compliance of the office in accordance with legislation and the business standards.
Facilities Service Requirements:
- Ensure provision of facilities to comply with health and safety legislation and group facilities policy.
- Maintain the health and safety duties associated with the office including first aid provision, emergency procedures, testing and safe systems of work.
- Manage a reception facility to be continuously managed during defined core hours (currently 8.00am until 6.00pm)
- Maintain Telephone system availability, and update telephone directory for new staff and for contact number changes. Arrange provision of conference call accounts, mobile telephones and other mobile devices.
- Maintain availability at all times of designated stationary and kitchen supplies through the implementation of a stock management process
- Maintain availability at all times of supplies for all office equipment (centrally supplied)
- Ensure that London facilities information, procedures and contacts are maintained.
- Ensure their Landlords under take their obligations under the respective lease agreements.
- Establish and maintain regular informal and formal contact with performance feedback. Implement a non-performance escalation process where appropriate
- Ensure London office security processes are defined and implemented including the issue and management of access passes
- Manage internal staff moves including the provision of floor plans, furniture, IT infrastructure and phones