£44k plus car and benefits
about 1 year ago
- Working closely with the HR Director, Operations Director and Senior Management team across the group to develop and deliver the strategic business objectives to drive success through, leadership & Health & Safety strategies.
- Act as the lead “Competent Person” for the company in all Health & Safety matters.
- Provide specific, competent HS advice to the organisation
- Maintain the organisation’s accreditation to; ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 & OHSAS 18001
- Ensure the smooth transition from OHSAS 18001 to ISO 45001
- Maintain all Safety Scheme in Procurement registrations
- Ensure all accidents are reported, investigated thoroughly and lessons learned are cascaded across the organisation as remedial actions to avoid reoccurrence.
- Report all RIDDOR events to the authorities within the statutory time frame.
- Deal with all insurance claims including EL, PL and property and liaise with company insurers.
- Manage the organisation’s pro-active approach to HS by;
- Managing, recording and following up the in house Near Miss reporting scheme.
- Managing the output of and assisting in the completion of internal assurance audits across sites
- Managing the Fleet Risk Management system
- Produce and cascade regular Tool Box Talk type training to Managers
- Carry out reviews and updates of all site specific risk assessments and COSHH assessments
- Liaise with operational managers to ensure that site specific controls are adhered to
- Produce and update in house documentation / operational HS manuals
- Attend pre-contract meetings and estimate H & S risks for tenders/quotations.
- Monitor the competence of all sub-contractors and employees on site.
- Carry out Health & Safety inductions to employees and sub-contractors.
- Manage the safety and compliance of company premises, e.g. DSE, Fire Safety and management of first aid arrangements