Vacancy Reference: 3768
Our client is a world known academy who use innovations to improve the built environment. Covering a large site with over 50 buildings, they are looking for a Project Manager qualified to PRINCE 2 Practitioner standards who will define, structure, manage and report on Estates Projects such as refurbishments. You will need to be able to manage multiple small /medium projects from inception to delivery.
Reporting to the Head of Estates, the role of the Estates Project Manager will be to:
- Scope and define projects as per customer specifications by producing relevant documentation which include estimates of cost, risk, timescales and resource requirements for the successful delivery of the project.
- Work within agreed standards of best practice for projects and ensure all activities are carried out to quality, health and safety standards and processes.
- Prepare and maintain realistic project plans, ensuring deliverables are achieved by tracking activities against the plan and managing scope, costs, risks, timescales and resource.
- Attend and co-ordinate regular meetings and communication with the customer and stakeholders to discuss project delivery and identify improvements.
- Produce regular reports on the progress of the projects ensuring that stages / changes have authorisation from the customer and that any issues identified within the reports are dealt with within the agreed timescales.
- Ensure projects are properly controlled in terms of financial reporting and risk management.
- Lead and manage the project team(s) of internal and external resources to ensure project objectives and deliverables are achieved.
- Manage the smooth transition of projects from the project phase into business as usual operational support.
Skills and Experience
The candidate should have experience of:
- Delivering a range of project sizes including refurbishments specifically
- Managing internal and external resources
- CDM (Construction Design and Management)
- Health and Safety Standards
- Preparation and maintenance of contract documentation