£60,000 plus package
David de Souza
about 2 months ago
Role: Business Development Manager - With a focus on the manufacturing, food and transport sectors
Salary: £60k plus Package
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Location: National Role, with Regular visits to a branch in the North West of England
I have an exciting role within Facilities Services. This is a home based, National position but the successful candidate will work closely with the Sector Director at the Warrington office, so occasional travel to this office will be required.
The roles primary focus is on the generation of new, additional and non-contractual sales for the continuing growth and success of the business. The position requires a professional, well-informed and consistent approach to both internal and external contacts, the successful conveyance of the professional image and exceptional standards of the business.
Our Client seeks to fill this role immediately, with an excellent salary and associated package.
This post is to geographically cover the UK, with a focus on the manufacturing, food and transport sectors, linking in closely with the Sector Director. The Commercial Manager must have strong customer relationship skills, excellent organisational and presentation skills and a willingness to provide a consistent and professional service at all times whilst working as part of a committed and forward-thinking team.
The ability to prioritise the workload, meet deadlines and be proactive in the daily approach is essential, as well as flexibility and a strong sense of professionalism. The successful candidate must be able to deal with all matters and queries in an appropriate manner with tact and diplomacy, as well as be able to provide accurate and comprehensive sales bids to all prospective or existing Clients.
- To achieve or exceed individual sales targets, ensuring that the Company’s profit requirements are met
- Prospecting for new business, researching those prospects to identify their likely needs, the respective influencers and decision makers within the prospective Clients organisation to establish their potential value
- Lead support with the operational team on re-tenders.
- Organising and setting up sales appointments in addition to those leads and appointments provided
- Generating new opportunities to provide potential Clients with quotations for additional or extra services
- Carry out surveys of prospective or existing Clients premises and prepare costing and tenders
- Establish in detail the prospective Clients concerns and needs, and prepare a proposed service
- To agree and obtain authorisation for quotations within the pre-determined Company margin guidelines
- Negotiating award of new contracts and renewals
- Work closely with the Sector teams to ensure smooth and efficient handover and contract start
- Assist HR and Operations in the collation of TUPE information from previous contract incumbents
- Use best efforts to identify potential new business opportunities for the company.
Desired criteria to meet:
- Education to A Level or equivalent
- Previous sales experience within the cleaning industry, with MFT experience
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint to a minimum of intermediate standard
- Demonstrable experience working successfully to targets
- Ability to communicate in a clear and comprehensive manner to both internal and external contacts
- Possess strong negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrable ability to work to deadlines and effective time management
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to deliver service and skills to an exceptional standard
- Commercial awareness and demonstrable ability to identify key elements for potential business growth
- Impeccable personal presentation at all times, with excellent customer service skills
- Knowledge of cleaning methods and technology